Underwriting Program Manager Environmental Contractors & Consultants (ECC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title : Program Manager Environmental Contractors & Consultants (ECC)
Location : Denver, CO
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
INVESTMENT, RISK AND REINSURANCE
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Freberg Environmental Insurance (FEI) specializes in developing, marketing and underwriting insurance programs and we have an opportunity available for an experienced Underwriting Program Manager in our Environmental Contractors and Consultants (ECC) program.
* Oversee a staff of 10 production underwriters and is responsible for the underwriting operations of the $50M ECC program across the 50 states and U.S Territories.
* Manage the assigned portfolio to achieve gross written premium, profitability, rate, retention, product mix, new business and portfolio management goals.
* Accountable for the profitability, growth and retention, the program manager determines acceptability of risk within company underwriting authority which includes pricing, rate monitoring and loss development.
* Generally focused on small to middle market accounts, the program manager is responsible for identifying and developing key production sources and new business opportunities.
* Serves as the primary contact for program agents and brokers.
* Demonstrates technical underwriting skills through strategic account review and file documentation of a personally assigned book.
* Influences development of overall objectives including long-range goals for the ECC Program.
* Provides leadership, mentoring and performance management of the ECC underwriting team.
* Requires participation with reinsurance placements and new program development and includes travel.
* Current underwriting experience in the area of Environmental coverage with exposure to Professional, General and Contractor Pollution Liability.
* Strong leadership skills managing team of production underwriters.
* Relationships within and knowledge of wholesale markets.
* Independent, entrepreneurial and capable of managing a large book of business with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated business development talent handling small to middle market accounts nationally.
* Bachelor s degree and 10 years of commercial underwriting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Producer s License
* Professional designation as Associate Underwriter (AU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or CPCU designation desired.
* Excellent analytical skills & proficiency in use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.