Underwriting Specialist I/Customer Service
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A Underwriting Assistant. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of K&K Insurance Group, Mass Merchandizing business unit, within Aon Affinity.
YOUR IMPACT AS A TITLE Underwriting Assistant
Under moderate supervision this position will be responsible for processing via inbound or outbound telephone calls, email, or fax in order to obtain the necessary information needed to process the transaction.
* Answer client phone calls that are received within the division and effectively communicate program guidelines to the client as well as answering any questions related to the specific programs.
* Review, evaluate and approve insurance applications and related documents.
* Follow up with client or agent on pending information needed for a complete submission following the specific guidelines for the cash with application program.
* Prepare files for renewal solicitation. Verify accounts are still within the parameters of underwriting guidelines. Order loss runs and send non-renewals as needed.
* Communicate with policy operations on the execution of tasks needed to bind an account or complete a client s request.
* Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with underwriters, marketing professionals, brokers, and policy operations associates to provide high quality service to clients.
* Assist in review and assignments of e-mails in unit shared e-mail boxes, including e-commerce websites (transaction confirmations).
* Meet minimum performance standards determined by Key Performance Indicators.
* Support a tier based phone support system answering calls from agents or insured s as needed.
ADDITIONAL, NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
* Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
* Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise:
Required Skills and Experience:
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
* Prefer 1 year of office and/or administrative experience.
* Customer Service experience including verbal/telephone skills.
* Insurance industry experience suggested but not required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain and display a positive attitude at all times, supporting business needs and changes.
* Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes.
* Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed.
* Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, faxing, phone messaging and voicemail.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent. College Degree preferred.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
JOB NUMBER: 2418680
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IN, Fort Wayne