Underwriting Specialist I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR AN UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Healthcare division within Aon Affinity, in Hatboro, PA. As an Underwriting Specialist, you will report directly to the Underwriting Supervisor.
YOUR IMPACT AS AN UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST I
* Provide quick turnaround (1 business day) for all quote requests and applications
* Perform preliminary review of applications
* Documentation Compile and summarize pertinent data into underwriting file (electronic)
* Follow up with the sales team and applicants to request additional information to be used to facilitate the underwriting process
* Request loss runs in order to prepare carrier referral
* Escalate risks that are beyond assigned authority to underwriting management for evaluation and direction
* Follow underwriting guidelines and compliance procedures
* Timely processing of new business accounts and ensure responsiveness to customer needs
* Interact with the sales team to understand the competitive environment and coverage needs
* Enter and maintain data in computer system
* Daily tracking of work volume, backlog and account activity
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* PROPERTY & CASUALTY LICENSE IS REQUIRED
* Demonstrated ability to work with detail and possess strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills
* Goal-oriented with the ability to solve problems
* Sound judgment and decision-making; explains reasoning for decisions
* Ability to learn multiple products quickly to support revenue growth for program business
* Ability to identify process efficiencies and handle daily activities in a thorough and accurate manner
* Strong PC skills with a solid knowledge base in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to work within the underwriting guidelines with appropriate follow-up skills
* 2 plus years of insurance work experience
* Underwriting background preferred
* Bachelor s degree in or equivalent years of industry experience.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421022
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, PA, Hatboro