Underwriting Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A Underwriting Specialist ll. AS of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K Insurance Mass Merchandising business group within Aon Affinity, in Fort Wayne, Ind.
YOUR IMPACT AS A Underwriting ll Specialist
Answer client phone calls that are received within the division and effectively communicate program guidelines to the client as well as answering any questions related to the specific programs.
* Review, evaluate and approve insurance applications and related documents
* Follow up with client or agent on pending information needed for a complete submission following the specific guidelines for the cash with application program
* Prepare files for renewal solicitation.
* Verify accounts are still within the parameters of underwriting guidelines. Order loss runs and send non-renewals as needed.
* Communicate with policy operations on the execution of tasks needed to bind an account or complete a client s request
* Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with underwriters, marketing professionals, brokers, and policy operations associates to provide high quality service to clients
* Assist in review and assignments of e-mails in unit shared e-mail boxes, including e-commerce websites (transaction confirmations).
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma. College degree preferred.
Prefer 3 years commercial property/casualty experience, preferably in MGU or carrier environment.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Understanding of commercial auto, liability and workers compensation coverages.
* Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Excellent math and oral and written English communication skills.
* Candidate must be able to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421023
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IN, Fort Wayne