Underwriting Trainee Program- Southern Zone- June 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUNDERWRITING TRAINEE
CNA FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAM
CNAs Underwriting Trainee Program offers a rewarding career path for individuals interested in working for a company that provides hands on experience and unique opportunities. As an Underwriting Trainee, you will have access to professional skills development, productivity courses and much more. Our curriculum provides:
* Instruction in insurance basics, underwriting, professional, sales and marketing skills, systems and technical training
* A combination of training sessions both in the field, as well as in our downtown Chicago office
* Exposure to multiple lines of business through a formal mentoring program
* Instructor-led training, testing, self-study courses, Web-based training and practical application
* A working relationship with critical enterprise-wide support functions
* A unique opportunity to interact with senior leadership
We offer an opportunity for you to work with other underwriting, risk control and claim consultants to meet the evolving insurance needs of our clients. CNAs underwriters are responsible for selecting and pricing risks that have profit potential. The process requires underwriters to evaluate a business by reviewing industry, business and government data, then deciding whether to accept or decline the risk. The underwriter is also responsible for pricing, as well as maintaining a steady flow of new and renewal business. Our effective career pathing programs, including our leadership tracks, offer you the opportunity to grow your career at CNA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree strongly preferred, equivalent experience considered
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Commitment to develop knowledge and understanding of underwriting
* Strong sales aptitude
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to learn rapidly
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence, overcome obstacles and develop positive business relationships
* Able and willing to relocate. Training hub is located in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX. After program graduation, can possibly be relocated to a location within our Southern zone (Birmingham, AL, Nashville, TN, New Orleans, LA, Oklahoma City, OK, Charlotte, NC, Little Rock, AR, Maitland, FL, Austin, TX or Houston, TX)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
CNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR VETERAN STATUS IN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Field Ops Southern Zone
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.