Unified Communications Sales Engineer 9/7/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Seeking a Unified Communications Sales Engineer-Solutions Architect responsible for providing advanced pre-sales support in the development of solutions incorporating Cisco UC solutions and services. The Pre-Sales Engineer will work in conjunction with Sales Specialists and Account Executives to architect, design, propose, and help close opportunities with both existing and new clients. The Pre-Sales Engineer will provide support and leadership in networking design and architecture as well as provide insight on product updates and roadmap planning to clients. The Pre-Sales Engineer will also be responsible for making formal solution presentations through the creation of architecture proposals inclusive of equipment and professional implementation services.
* Provide expert level presales support for Cisco Unified Communications opportunities
* Participate in client discovery calls with Sales Specialists and Account Executives.
* Develop comprehensive network solutions including high-level design, Statement of Work (SoW), Bills of Material (BoM) and logical Visio diagrams.
* Assist Sales Specialists and Account Executives with formally presenting solutions to client.
* Provide technical advice regarding architectural questions, product deployment prerequisites, product features, etc. to clients
* Direct Associate Design engineers on BOM development of proposed datacenter solutions.
* Help establish and maintain strong relationships with key partners and customers.
* Attend key partner events and training sessions to keep abreast of trends/ new products.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills and possess ability to create associated documentation and maintain tracking of opportunities and follow-up.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree from a four year college _OR - OR - OR_ university or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Possess recognized network Industry Certifications (e.g. Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCVP, CCDA)
* 5+ years experience with Cisco Unified Communications technologies,
* Demonstrated experience in technical presales background required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to effectively identify client business requirements.
* Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
* Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive inquiries.
* Willingness to rapidly obtain certification in new products.
* Ability to make presentations to all levels within an organization.
* Genuine interest in technology and software and a desire to continue to learn.
* Consistently demonstrate attention to detail.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong research and analytical ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to prioritize workload and work independently.