Unit Coordinator, Radiology (Special Procedures Department)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Monitors the patient schedule with particular attention to the inpatient flow and coordination with transport. Communicates critical information between staff, radiologists and other hospital personnel. Receives information regarding patient labs and must be accurately relayed to the technologist and radiologist. Provides support monitoring supplies and equipment.
* Coordinates site specific triage phone calls from IP floors, physicians for add-on, coordinating with supervisor and radiologist for best site of service.
* Acts a conduit for information to and from patients, technologists and supervisors concerning scheduling issues.
* Monitor patient schedule for follow-up, labs, safety screening and efficiency of patient movement.
* For MRI-Communicates patient's needs to nurses, technologists regarding any MR safety restrictions imposed by the MR scanner's magnetic field. For US-Prepare paperwork for procedures and schedule procedures in US and Cytology schedule.
* Organize and coordinate patient transport to and from unit.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* It is a plus if the individual has computer skills in excel and can input minimum amount of data in spread.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
HOURS:: 40-hours (Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf