Unit Manager (Gainesville, VA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Commonwealth Care of Roanoke
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnit Manager (Gainesville, VA)
Gainesville Health & Rehab Center, in Gainesville, VA, has a career opportunity for a dynamic Unit Manager to round out our team that is responsive, compassionate and caring to the needs of our patients, residents and their families.
Gainesville Health & Rehab Center provides a resident-centered, customer service approach to care by qualified staff that values quality and commits to compliance and higher standards. Our goal is simple: to use innovative techniques and creative thinking to provide more efficient and effective treatments. We have worked to create a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere, whether people come for short-term rehab or long-term care. We are doing more than just challenging the status quo - We are changing lives!
Successful service excellence candidates will have the following qualifications and ability to:
* Coordinate, manage and evaluate resident care and unit operations on assigned unit.
* Supervise direct care staff and provide assistance as necessary.
* Observe and assess residents.
* Ensure all appropriate documentation is made related to patients/residents and appropriate individuals are informed.
* Inform Director of Nursing daily on status of patients/residents.
* Make rounds with physicians, review orders, lab reports and contact pharmacy as needed.
* Address patient/resident concerns.
* Investigate, report and follow through with any reported situation related to the patient/resident.
* Review patient/resident plans of care to ensure no alterations to plans need to be made and evaluate patient/resident status at beginning and end of each shift.
* Promote a culture of Service Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Come be a part of a team that is driven by our mission to provide a peace of mind to those we care for: our patients, residents, families and staff. Be part of a Service Excellence culture!
Drug Free & EOE
* Current LPN or RN license in good standing with the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
* Must have and maintain current CPR certification.
* Long-term care experience preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent clinical, customer service, communication and leadership skills.
* Must be flexible, detail-oriented and be able to make effective decisions and work as part of a service excellence team.