Unit Manager 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Come join the award winning FCi Federal team and become part of a family values oriented company that puts the employee first. We know when our employees are happy, our customers are happy. FCi Federal offers competitive compensation packages with opportunities for internal growth and professional development. Generous medical, dental, life and disability benefits for permanent full-time employees and their family. In addition, you will receive paid time-off (vacation, sick time, personal time and paid holidays) and the ability to participate in our 401K plans your first day of employment.
We are extremely proud of our less than 9% employee turnover rate, which we have maintained for over 10 years, and that 25% of our positions are filled with internal employees through promotions or transfers.
FCi Federal Inc. is woman-owned large business with more than 20 years of experience in the federal market providing Business Process Outsourcing to customers in 35 states in over 100 geographically dispersed locations. We maintain a corporate headquarters in Leesburg, Virginia that provides support to over 1300 employees throughout the United States. We are an ISO 9001:2008 Quality certified company; we are also certified as ISO15489-1 Information Documentation Records Management Processes Company.
JOB TITLE: UNIT MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: ASSIST THE OPERATIONS MANAGER AND ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER WITH GENERAL OVERSIGHT OF UNIT OPERATIONS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS):
* Hire and manage a technically proficient and professionally capable staff throughout the life of the contract
* Provide timely deliverables and performance related data to the Government in order to allow adequate monitoring, oversight, and performance measurement of support services
* Conduct continuous improvement activities to realize improved service delivery capabilities and performance
* Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness
* Resolve problems with minimal disruption to the activities being performed under the contract.
* Plan to respond to surge requests and provide the appropriate levels of qualified staff
* Participate in conference calls and digital video conferences from the Consular Support
* Centers as required with overseas posts, CA/VO, DOS, and other U.S. Government agencies.
* May be requested to provide formal and informal briefings to visitors
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least two (2) years of management experience
* Six (6) years of experience in a field that equips the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully manage teams of analysts
* Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Power Point
* Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel
* Excellent written and oral communication skils
* Strong organizational skills
* Demonstrates the ability to lead teams in the field of expertise required by this contract and effectively interacts with personnel at all levels
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance
* Must be able to successfully complete an FCi Federal background check
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to Lift up to 20 lbs, bend, reach, carry, stoop, kneel, climb, etc.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.