Unit Secretary/CNA PRN- Intermediate Care Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 06030-32880
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
C.N.A/Unit Secretary- Intermediate Care Unit:
PRN- Day Shift
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Charge Nurse, the Unit Secretary/Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) is responsible for supporting the nursing staff and department with routine duties. Promotes a positive teamwork environment, which emphasizes respect to all including, patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments.
* Accountable for adhering to ORMC mission including meeting behavioral expectations (compassion, caring and confidentiality), providing excellence in health care delivery, supporting dignity of all persons (empowerment) and responsible stewardship of resources.
* Communicates clearly, concisely, and courteously in a timely manner. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance, respect for patient privacy and confidentiality in all contacts with patients, families, hospital staff and medical staff.
* Maintains unit communications to ensure that internal and external information is processed with timeliness and accuracy.
* Orders and maintains supplies, equipment, and hospital services in accordance with unit procedure and as necessary. Performs routine housekeeping duties enhancing work area and complying with infection control standards.
* Supports and assists nursing staff by performing routine patient care tasks such as bathing patients, assisting patients out of bed, providing liquids and monitoring vital signs.
* Schedules clinical patient services to ensure their timely completion.
* Communicates changes in bed availability to appropriate hospital departments. Transports patients and ensures adequate help is available when moving patients.
* Processes patient charges with timeliness and accuracy. Checks the accuracy of processed patient charges as directed.
* Completes projects as directed by the Nursing Unit Manager.
* Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors and co-workers and if classified as a category I or II employee under OSHA regulations, adheres to OSHA standards by wearing personal protective equipment, following universal precautions and being knowledgeable about blood borne pathogens.
* Must be able to work any of the available shifts day or night and weekends.
* Current Utah Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
* Intermittent periods of sitting, standing, walking, reaching and twisting as required.
* Must be able to lift and carry 10-50 pounds and occasionally pull and push objects over 50 pounds.
* Able to push/pull 150+ pounds as related to patient care.
* Good mental and physical health to work for long periods of time in a highly stressful atmosphere.
* Must be able to handle medium to high level of stress.
Last Edited: 09/09/2016