University Events Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
University of St Augustine
San Marcos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The University Events Specialist plays a key role in the Marketing and Enrollment activities at USAHS. Responsibilities of this position include team leadership, planning and implementing open houses, interview days, orientations, white coat and pinning ceremonies, alcohol and drug awareness events, residencies, lab weekends, job fairs, commencements, and additional student-centered university events. The University Events Specialist reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and is located on the San Marcos campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan space usage, catering, AV needs, and other logistics for student-centered university events.
* Serve as a team leader for event workers.
* Serve as Events Team Lead for the facilitation, creation and design of event materials and perform duties as the liaison between University Events and the Editorial Team and Marketing design team.
* Help create, edit, and design event materials Oversee, create, and participate in online events.
* Process event invoices.
* Coordinate any required housing, air and ground travel for events.
* Attend venue site visits and assist in pre-planning for all programs.
* Manage and facilitate budget allotments for University Events including monitoring effectiveness and recommendations for utilization.
* Prepare reports on expenses.
* Maintain communication with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure successful events.
* Recruit student workers and other support personnel to assist with staffing events
* Serve as main contact for logistical questions by students, staff, faculty, and other departments.
* Research and acquire event sponsorships, contracts, and partnerships.
* Minimum two to three years of event-planning or marketing experience.
* Bachelor s degree.
* Experience in coordinating and collaborating with major organizational stake-holders
* Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
* Detail oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent project management, budget management, and organizational skills; ability to plan and manage multiple events simultaneously.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet navigation, and database use. Familiarity with PowerPoint and knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Cvent, online classrooms, and Web editing software preferred.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.