University Graduate - Software and QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 9/1/2017
Cranberry Township, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Pittsburgh Technology Center (PTC) site of NetApp is located in Cranberry Township, just north of Pittsburgh, PA and is integral to the success of the NetApp Product Operations team.
At PTC, we have teams that work on our flagship product, ONTAP the #1 Storage Operating System in the World. As a full-time engineer, you may find yourself working on technologies that provide the distributed clustering, scale out, large container and file system capabilities that are core to ONTAP. Or, you may find yourself part of the team that is defining and driving our automation strategy and driving efficiencies across all of the ONTAP organization. If hardware is more your thing, you could find yourself working on our next generation of controllers or specialized hardware accelerators that are built in PTC.
Whether you re into systems programming, scripting and automation or hardware development, you can find your future in PTC.
- Modifying and maintaining existing systems
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance Analysis
- Participate in technical discussions within the team or other groups within the Business Unit associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Knowledge and experience in specific areas of engineering
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in technology and development
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practice
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within the Business Unit as required
- General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities
- Participate as an important contributor to team projects
Education and Experience
Education and Experience:
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2017 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree.
Full time / Part time
USA - Pennsylvania - Cranberry Township
USA - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.