University Graduate - Software and QA Engineer 8/31/2016
Research Triangle Park, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Research Triangle Park site of NetApp is integral to the success of NetApp Product Operations team responsible for the entire life cycle of product delivery starting from identifying the Industry trends that drive the long term product architecture all the way to creating the solution specific collateral that is the handbook for customers to deploy and manage their complex data center deployments.
Research Triangle Park teams offer you a wide variety of opportunity to get a significant leg up in developing your career. You have the opportunity to work with, discuss and engage in deep understanding of technology related to Computer Networking and Data access Protocols, Storage System Performance Measurement and Analysis, Systemic Testing and Automation etc. We also have teams working on latest trends in the Open Source area related to Docker & OpenStack. We have a number of teams who are focused on optimizing the Data Center operations and building a highly automated self service portals for orchestrating and managing the large compute and storage farm. Collaborating with all these engineering team are some of the industry leading Product management and Technical marketing team with a clear focus on delivering a advanced technology, highly functional, and simple to use products. Overall, you are in outstanding company, where there are break through and exciting technology conversations around every corner fulfilling your dreams and career growth needs!
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
- Modifying and maintaining existing systems
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance Analysis
- Participate in technical discussions within the team or other groups within the Business Unit associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Knowledge and experience in specific areas of engineering
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in technology and development
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practice
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within the Business Unit as required
- General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities
- Participate as an important contributor to team projects
Education and Experience
Must be pursuing or possess a Bachelor s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent degree with a tentative start date of May/June 2017.
Full time / Part time
USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.