University Graduate - Software and QA Engineer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Storage systems are growing in size but they need to become faster with higher reliability and greater levels of automated remediation. Do you want to solve this problem and change an industry* NetApp s next generation performance management tools are using data mining and advanced analytics capabilities to do just this. Get on board if you want to innovate and deliver a product that will change the storage industry.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for delivering high quality NetApp software products. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Through the application of systematic test tools and processes you will help deliver reliable, innovative storage and data management products.
NetApp s team in Waltham, MA is focused on UI, Java mid-tier and highly scalable database development. Be part of a highly collaborative, open source driven team that is changing the way NetApp develops management software.
We need leaders and technology experts at all levels looking to work with Spring based Web Services, AngularJS, Twitter Bootstrap, Jboss, MySQL, Cassandra, Data Mining, Advanced Analytics and Security.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Knowledge and experience in specific areas of engineering
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in technology and development
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practice
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within the Business Unit as required
- General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities
- Participate as an important contributor to team projects
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2017 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree.
Full time / Part time
USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.