- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
University Recruiting - Convenience & Foodservice Business Management Associate
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
At General Mills our Convenience & Foodservice mission is to serve solutions everywhere. We sell a wide array of branded and non-branded products (snacks, cereal, yogurt, flour and more!) within school cafeterias, hotels, restaurants, bakeries, convenience stores, and vending channels. Convenience & Foodservice division is an important part of General Mills with an exceptional record of profitability and annual earnings growth.
As a Business Management Associate in Sales, your career will be built through a variety of different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform in to a future Sales leader for General Mills. General Mills is dedicated to the philosophy of promotion from within. Tremendous opportunity exists for the individual who will embrace multiple field and corporate assignments.
* Selling and Influencing: Develop foundational selling skills and product knowledge through structured courses and field experiences.
* Business Analytics/Problem Solving: Understand and utilize business dynamics and analytical tools available to provide solution-based insights to influence decision-makers.
* Sales Support: Leverage understanding of customer needs and business analytics to inform strategy development. Partner with field sales to develop an understanding of customer needs, including analysis and recommendations to drive business performance.
* Relationship Building: Opportunity to build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations.
B.A./B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Liberal Arts; strong academic record - typically a 3.2 GPA or higher.
Minneapolis, MN, Or Select Field Locations/Markets - Subsequent roles require relocation