University Recruiting - Logistics Management Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Supply Chain Overview
General Mills' supply chain is one of the most respected supply chains in the industry today. We CREATE meaningful products and packaging through a culture of safety and innovation. We IMPACT and nourish people's lives through the food they eat every day. We GROW individually and collectively through building and developing meaningful connections with others.
The LMA program is a 24-month rotational program based in one of our US manufacturing locations. Upon completion of the LMA program, you will be prepared for positions of greater responsibility at our world headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota or other field locations nationwide.
What Will I Do?
As a Logistics Management Associate (LMA) or LMA Intern, you will be immediately challenged with leadership and project management opportunities. You'll make an impact by:
* Providing supply chain functional expertise and leadership to Operations, Marketing and Sales in the areas of planning, transportation, customer service and warehousing
* Managing inventory levels, ingredient and material requirements, and transportation systems in an operations setting
* Planning production schedules and analyzing distribution patterns, with daily responsibility for millions of dollars of inventory or logistics operations expenses
* Building people management experience while driving day-to-day manufacturing operations
Where Will I Work?
In one of our North American manufacturing locations, which include: Illinois, Iowa, Georgia, Minnesota, New York, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee, Wisconsin
Who Is Qualified To Apply?
* YOU if you're pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations Management, Business Management, or Transportation and have a strong academic record - typically a 3.0 GPA or higher
* We're also seeking individuals with strong interpersonal skills, analytical and decision making skills, exemplary people, technical, & process leadership