University Recruiting - Manufacturing Engineering Associate Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Supply Chain Overview
General Mills' supply chain is one of the most respected supply chains in the industry today. We CREATE meaningful products and packaging through a culture of safety and innovation. We IMPACT and nourish people's lives through the food they eat every day. We GROW individually and collectively through building and developing meaningful connections with others.
As a participant in the MEA internship program, you will receive development and experience in the following areas:
* Technical skills development with processing and/or packaging systems, or flour milling systems
* Functional aspects of Engineering: Project Management, Processing, Packaging, Controls and Information Systems and Systems Improvement
* Projects which improve employee safety, food safety, sustainability (waste and energy reduction), productivity, cost-savings, and reliability
* Team leadership in operations or maintenance including coaching, training and employee/labor relations (not applicable to internships)
* Cross-functional exposure including Logistics, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Research & Development
MEA interns have meaningful assignments working on the manufacturing conversion process. At the end of the Internship:
* Feedback and a formal evaluation will be reviewed with you.
* You will participate In an end of summer event at our Minneapolis headquarters where you will have the opportunity to showcase your project results to leaders in Manufacturing, Engineering, as well as other Supply Chain functions.
What Will I Do?
The Manufacturing and Engineering Associate (MEA) program is designed to prepare you for both technical and managerial leadership roles within General Mills. You'll make an impact by:
* Eliminating losses and improving system performance through standard processes and procedures
* Leading manufacturing or maintenance teams to improve our zero loss culture and plant performance
* Leading planning and execution of new capital or improvement projects affecting system performance, safety, or sustainabilityIn one of our North American manufacturing locations, which include: California, Iowa, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin
Where Will I Work?
In one of our North American manufacturing locations, which include: California, Iowa, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin
Who Is Qualified To Apply?
* YOU if you're pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Food Process Engineering and have a strong academic record, typically a 3.0 GPA or higher
* Qualifications for MEA Milling roles are: Bachelor or Master's degree in Milling Science or Food Science
* We're also seeking individuals with strong interpersonal skills, high learning agility, analytical and decision making skills, exemplary people, technical, and process leadership
Interns must have completed their Sophomore or Junior year.