University Recruiting - Research & Development Scientist/Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
What's the role of R&D at General Mills?
We create meaningful products and packaging through a culture of innovation.
What will I do?
* Create new, improve existing, and eliminate waste from, products, packaging and processes
* Collaborate with cross-functional internal partners to build and grow our businesses
* Engage external partners around the world to increase efficiency and to identify new capabilities
* Interact with consumers and customers to develop meaningful insights and translate them into concepts, prototypes, and commercial offerings
* Develop technical depth and business acumen
* Impact people's lives and communities around the world
Who's qualified to apply?
YOU, if you're pursuing a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D degree in Food Science or Engineering (primarily Chemical / Food Process / Packaging / Material Science) and have a strong academic record - typically a 3.0 GPA or higher.
We look for great people who deliver outstanding results and are developing technical & business acumen. Learning & cultural agility, curiosity & inventiveness are key in R&D, as are strong interpersonal & communication skills, passion, enthusiasm, and professional maturity.
Where would I work?
Minneapolis, MN (ask us why we love living here!)