University Recruiting - Sourcing Buyer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Supply Chain Overview
General Mills' supply chain is one of the most respected supply chains in the industry today. We CREATE meaningful products and packaging through a culture of safety and innovation. We IMPACT and nourish people's lives through the food they eat every day. We GROW individually and collectively through building and developing meaningful connections with others.
As a Sourcing Buyer, you manage an uninterrupted supply of materials and services, implementing strategies designed to offset inflation, globalize our supply chain, and improve our bottom line. You will do this through supply and demand analysis, strategic negotiations, market and industry analysis and category strategies.
What Will I Do?
* Use strategic sourcing processes to identify, negotiate, and manage the supply base of a
* $20 -$60 million sourcing category or build best practice capabilities in our strategy sourcing team
* Holistically manage a reliable and cost effective global supply chain strategy designed to deliver high quality ingredients, packaging materials, equipment, supplies and services to manufacturing and business operations
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality & Regulatory Operations
Who is qualified to apply?
* YOU if you're pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business (any concentrations e.g. Finance, Marketing, etc.) and have a strong academic record- typically a 3.0 GPA or higher
* We're also seeking individuals with strong interpersonal skills, analytical and decision making skills, entrepreneurial qualities necessary for managing risk and leading change, and a curiosity and passion for learning and continuous improvement
Where will I work?
At our corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, MN