Upholsterer 2 - Geiger NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL PURPOSE:
Upholsters products and/or related parts in a manufacturing setting at a standard rate of work based upon customer demand and lean manufacturing principles to satisfy the customer and to provide high quality products delivered in a timely manner. Assists and trains other upholsterers on new or existing products. Problem solves with the assistance of other team members and seeks continuous improvement activities. Performs and completes all activities with a high regard for the safety of others and oneself. May learn additional functions by cross-training in other departments as needed
* Upholsters parts and/or products according to standardized work.
* Upholsters any and all of the products in the Geiger catalogue.
* Inspect parts during the upholstery process to assure compliance to established quality criteria.
* Provides feedback when applicable, to other departments and management on improvements to the process
* Understands and practices quality requirements according to specified quality criteria.
* Maintains a clean, safe working environment according to 5s and department safety guidelines.
* Maintains flexibility to meet team, department, and plant goals.
* Knows and practices corporate, plant, and department safety guidelines.
* Completes required paperwork correctly to ensure record accuracy.
* Participates in HMPS improvement activities within current department or other departments as appropriate.
* Commits to meeting overtime requirements.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* High school diploma or its equivalent.
* 8 years of Upholstery experience
* Must be proficient and able to upholster all types of upholstery to include lounge, task and desk with minimum training or assistance.
* Competent in basic math skills, such as adding and subtracting.
* Ability to read, understand, communicate, and interpret written and verbal instructions, work documentation, policies and practices, etc., which are written in the English language.
* Ability to bend, twist, and stand for periods of up to 10 or 12 hours.
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
* Ability to work cooperatively within the team as well as with members of other teams to meet goals.
* Demonstrated willingness to adapt to a continually changing environment.
* Demonstrated commitment to team success through reliable attendance.
* Flexibility to work assignments and possible hours as business needs require.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.