Upholstery Technician III (Job #1412)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision, sew, foam, design and upholster high quality aircraft seats, trim, panels and install flooring materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Build high quality seats starting with a frame, utilizing upholstery techniques to ensure foam distribution is proportionate for individual customer specifications which may include a first article inspection.
2. Selects and shapes foam to contours and specifications prescribed on the blueprints and per customer approved design center conceptual drawings. Performs minor modifications to seats and accessories.
3. Prepares seats for upholstering by stripping all foam and covers using various hand tools according to Comlux approved procedures. Cleans glue off panels and strips materials from parts.
4. Sews, modifies and installs seat covers, curtains, and miscellaneous items using sewing machine, glue gun and other hand tools.
5. Designs seat patterns according to customer and designer specifications.
6. May also disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, recover and reassemble upholstered seats, panels and/or trim pieces.
7. Prepares miscellaneous seat parts and accessories for paint. Performs advanced troubleshooting of seat assemblies and repairs.
8. Assists with training team members to develop job knowledge and improve performance.
9. Prepares, researches, and signs off various documents for record keeping purposes as required by Comlux approved procedures, manufacturers' maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations, i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, flammability testing, W.O. Sheets, crew assignment, personal training log, and other work order related documents supporting the review squawks and expected hours.
10. Interpret material specs and engineering drawings to ensure upholstered components meet the design spec, quality standards and customer expectations.
11. Request material needs timely to ensure a continuous work flow.
12. Adheres to all regulatory documentation regarding proper sign off, , etc. Ensure paperwork is complied with and completed timely in accordance with the Comlux RSM and other quality standards.
13. Follows all department safety guidelines and ensure proper usage of tools and equipment.
14. Other duties as assigned but not covered herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma, or GED. Trade schooling related to upholstery or other relevant courses a plus.
2. Advanced knowledge of the Upholstery process as it specifically relates to the corporate aviation industry, in a completions environment.
3. 6 years Upholstery experience, preferably in the corporate aviation completion environment or other high end industry such as yachts, luxury motor coaches, etc.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong knowledge and expertise with all aspects of the Upholstery process.
2. Knowledge of the RSM and FAA requirements as it relates to Upholstery.
3. Working knowledge of computers and related software utilized by Comlux.
4. Working knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
5. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating and tactful manner.