User Experience Design Director 8/20/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Position Title: User Experience Design Director
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
The UX Design Director establishes and drives the user interaction UI for high visibility interactive experiences across multiple platforms. This is a senior-level role that requires significant responsibility, creativity and business sense in a fast paced, high growth environment. The role requires you to be an expert in design processes/methodologies to be able to inspire the team to create a world-class web site. You will be the champion for the customer and deliver a intuitive, simple and beautiful design that delights the user on every device.
* Over 8 years of web-based Design and UX experience
* Over 4 years of management experience at a senior level
* Work with executive team, business owner(s), product managers and marketing team to conceptualize user experience designs that will advance the company's products and business.
* Strong mentoring and communication skills
* Collaborate across all functions within Salesforce to ensure a smooth product development and campaign launch process
* Hands-on experience in web UI design and creation of wireframes, functional desktop, mobile and tablet prototypes.
* Constantly refine visual design language, tackle complex user interactions and highlight each Salesforce product's brand and unique personality.
* Experience using core design and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq etc...)
* Understanding of user experience best practices, information architecture, and user testing.
* Ability to proactively engage cross-functional stakeholders to brainstorm and draft concepts.
* Successful track record of leading teams in deployment of user-accepted websites and applications.
* Proven experience tying product goals with business goals.
* Ability to accept and design against feedback from colleagues and execute multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
* A solid design portfolio with examples of strategic interactions and clear visuals across web sites and applications.
* The ability to see through ambiguity, articulate a point of view and contribute to finding a high-quality end results
* Able to provide timely and relevant feedback across all disciplines that brings quality of work to the next level and drives quality results and team development.
* Facilitate formal and informal critiques; give clear, concise and actionable feedback.
* Resolve conflicts in internal or cross-functional debates regarding process or execution.
* Anticipate potential project problems and dependencies based on experience, and quickly and effectively direct and help team to implement solutions.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.