User Experience Design Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
User Experience Design Intern- Summer 2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
The SAS Intern Program will allow you to partner with leadership to work on business-critical projects resulting in an immediate impact to SAS and our customers. You could be contributing code to our industry-leading software or ensuring the quality of our products for our Fortune 100 customers-the sky is the limit! SAS interns also have the opportunity to grow their social and professional network, learn about our award winning culture, interact with senior leadership, and share their contributions with the entire company.
The SAS Design Department is a multidisciplinary design team, which prides itself on a strong user-centered design philosophy. With the support of user experience design colleagues, as well as development and product management, the team transforms requirements for mobile/web applications into highly innovative and compelling designs. As an intern in the SAS Design Department, you will:
* Collaborate with other designers in the department to generate innovative designs and ensure consistency within and across products
* Develop storyboards, mockups, and/or prototypes to communicate design ideas
* Gather user data from surveys, focus groups, and/or usability testing to help inform your designs
* Work closely with product management to validate your designs meet the users needs and with the development team to ensure that your solutions can be implemented
* Generate and maintain design specification documents
* Work closely with the accesibility team to ensure that your designs can be accessed by users of all abilities
The summer internship will last 10-12 weeks and will be located in Cary, NC.
What are the requirements for the role*
* Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking a degree in a design, engineering, computer science or psychology in a US based school.
* Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint).
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, lnDesign.
* This is a 10-12 week internship where you will actually be a real person so you have to be able to work for all of Summer 2017.
* This is a summer internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and not be graduating prior to the beginning of the internship.
What type of skills do we prefer*
* Emails. You have to know how to write them.
* Talking. You have to do it effectively.
* Mistakes. Catch them. If you don t, learn from them.
* Technology. Embrace it.
* Teamwork With a dash of independence.
* Leadership. You sit in the front row of the class.
* Volunteering. You care about more than just you.
* Prior work or internship experience in design.
* An interest in technology, specifically in big data analytics.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher. Going to class is #vital.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn