User Experience Designer, JMP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
This is more than just the typical UX designer position! In this role you have the opportunity to partner with product management and development and be a liaison for JMP customers.
As a User Experience Designer on the JMP team, you will be the person who provides software usability design, evaluation and support to software development teams. Creates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving software application development. Develops user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, and task and objective analyses. Develops and applies software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. Produces specifications describing the appearance and behavior of the user interface for a product in development.
* Partners with developers and product management on features under development to address emerging UX design needs and usability issues.
* Attends relevant development and product management meetings (scrums, planning meetings, etc).
* Creates detailed design documents, and standard / guideline documents, to ensure that developers implement new features as required.
* Works with product management to understand new requirements, and illustrate them with mockups (storyboards or interactive prototypes). Designs iterated and tested before being handed off to development.
* Looks for opportunities to collect user data to demonstrate that usability has positively impacted the product.
* Focuses on user goals and needs and the flow of tasks to achieve those goals.
* Independently develops long term strategy for usability work on product.
* Works with statisticians to understand the statistical and numeric basis of new features, in order to ensure that the UI represents the math correctly.
* Performs various activities to obtain information about users and usage patterns, for the purposes of guiding design and perhaps uncovering latent requirements.
* Runs design reviews, usage walkthroughs, and usability tests with key stakeholders and representative users to validate designs and iterate designs as needed.
* Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required.
* Gains appropriate levels of proficiency with JMP software, JMP scripting language and design tools to support user experience design activities.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
* Bachelor s degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Graphics, Industrial Design, or related field.
* At least 5 years of user experience design and analysis
* Experience designing user interfaces for advanced analytics
* Programming experience
* Ability to travel as needed
The ideal candidate for this role has:
* Masters or PhD in a research field
* Experience with the JMP product and programming in JSL
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn