User Experience Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
San Jose, CA
* Collaborate with product owners and x-functional teams right from conception, use cases, task flows and interactive visualization prototypes through to final product
* Effectively communicate design and interaction concepts via low and high fidelity mockups, wireframes and functional prototypes
* Iterate with agility on improving the user experience based on appropriate feedback channels from customers
* Own, validate, advocate and guide core consistent design principles, visual language and interaction patterns across the Calix portfolio of solutions
* Incorporate applicable new perspectives, trends and patterns on web & mobile platforms creatively into continuously improving the user experience
* Propose viable design alternatives during implementation to meet requirements and maintain an uncompromised user experience
* Be a passionate advocate for the user and have a keen eye for details
* Incorporate and promote awareness of internationalization and adaptability to linguistic and cultural environments in the design
* Proactively engage stakeholders in a timely manner to drive design reviews, convey design decisions and achieve consensus
* 5+ years of professional experience as UX/UI Designer
* A strong sense of best practices in web and mobile responsive design and broad & deep understanding of usability principles and techniques
* Intimate understanding of needs of various delivery platforms , form factors and persona of users
* Proficiency in rapid prototyping appropriate wire-framing/prototyping tools (IRise, Axure, InVision or similar) and design tools like Photoshop/ Adobe Creative suite
* Experience working closely with agile development teams and speak their language
* Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* BA/BS degree in Design (Interaction/Graphic/Industrial Design/Visual Communications/HCI) or equivalent practical experience
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.