This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R3943 User Researcher (Open)
Job Posting Title:
The Citrix Raleigh team is busy creating products that change and optimize the way people work. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking, collaborative user researcher to join our team in our downtown Raleigh, NC office.
About Our Team:
- Our Raleigh Customer Experience team consists of Visual Designers, Interaction Designers, Prototypers, Researchers, and Program Managers.
- Together we visualize and validate the vision for the future of our products.
- We are a highly collaborative team who work with various cross-functional teams.
- Team members are co-located in our inspiring Raleigh office.
- As a researcher you will be responsible for working closely with the design team to conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that help iterate and validate design concepts.
- You will work closely with the lead researchers to choose methods that helps us answer our research questions and meet our business goals.
- You will primarily conduct usability tests with customers both remotely and in-person, and apply other methods such as card sorting, tree testing, and competitive analysis, as needed.
- You will work directly with customers to make sure that our new product ideas will be useful and usable.
- You will present your findings to stakeholders to ensure that the research is understood and able to be implemented in our products.
- Minimum of 3+ years of applied user research or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction or a directly related program
- Other research degrees such as Psychology and Anthropology will only be considered if you have applied or relevant industry experience as a user researcher
- Solid portfolio or samples showcasing his or her work, ideally ranging from generative research and concept development to usability studies
- Solid understanding of HCI methodologies
- Loves talking to users, and works hard both to understand their core needs
- An analytical mind and be able to process data
- Self-directed and can work on evaluative studies with little supervision
- Open to feedback and learning from others
- Able to synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports, and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences
- Compelling presenter and storyteller
- Experience with standard research tools including use of Camtasia software, audio/video setup, remote testing, and observation tools, like WebEx or GoToMeeting
- Can think on his or her feet about design and research
- A team champion and quick to collaborate with others, address criticisms, and fix issues
- Experience working with a product team to translate user needs into product features and improvements
- The ability to travel for an occasional research project or presentation, as needed
- Knows about visual and interaction design (not necessary, but a plus)
To be considered for this position, you must submit ALL of these requirements:
- Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position
- Samples of work demonstrating experience and/or education that directly relates to the position
Additional information to include:
- LinkedIn Profile
UI/Human Factors Engineering
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.