This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
- Entry level position exposed to both Maintenance and Operations
- Under Supervisor's direction assist with maintenance and other duties as assigned
- Will train for operator relieve as needed, will be required to learn duties associated with one or more specific areas of the operation depending on the operational need and the employee's abilities.
- Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective action
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 Year of general experience in the oil/gas industry.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills
- Effective written &verbal communications
- Ability to read comprehend and apply information in operating manuals,
- Ability to respond to emergency call-outs within the hour,
2 or more years of general experience in oil/ gas industry in a utility support role or similar.
Experience working on same/similar equipment and duties ( gas plant/processing and/or pipeline field operations environment.
Proficient computer and Microsoft office skillsPhysical capabilities of standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height , lifting of loads weighting up to 80 lbs
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Shift work and overtime as required to cover illness, vacation or other absence.
- Work holidays and weekends as required.
- Must have good driving record.
- Natural Gas Plant work is subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas lines, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
- The job also may require shift work, occasional unscheduled call-outs and extended workdays and/or workweeks. Employees are required to live within a reasonable distance of their reporting location.
- Position is subject to applicable U.S. Department of Transportation Drug & Alcohol regulations.
- Natural gas gathering and processing is an 'around the clock' operation and incumbents are required to be reasonably available to respond to emergency and other operational needs whenever they occur.
- The job will require some travel for temporary assignments, meetings and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications