Utility - NGL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Like utility players in sports, employees in DCP craft positions learn all aspects of the operations preparing them for increasing responsibility in other craft positions.
Assist with general plant maintenance. General labor, mechanical maintenance, clean up and working on special projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
* Assist in the operation of a NGL pipelines and various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: process controls, measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities
* Operate radio, perform lab tests for quality assurance, diagnose mechanic problems, make minor repairs as needed, and various other duties as assigned
* Assist in responding to alarms and problems within the plant and with direction, make appropriate correction
* High school degree or GED
* Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to follow written or spoken work instructions in English
* Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs. Must currently live, or be willing to relocate, to within 35 miles of the reporting location. Must have a reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
* Able to assume responsibility, perform duties and handle tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
* Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Able to work well with others
* Able to perform work independently
* Open to learning and take pride in a job well done
* Previous experience in the oil and gas industry
* Mechanical or instrumentation background is helpful, but not required
* Able to pass all required Process Safety Management (PSM), Department of Transportation (DOT), and facility specific operator certifications
* Able to perform basic mathematical equations
* Able to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected
* Mechanical aptitude
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. *LI-MB1
2 Miles S on Hwy 163