Utility Operator 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Kenosha plant makes 2.6 million pounds of flour daily, running four separate milling units. We mill winter wheat for making various types of bread and pizza crusts, durum wheat for producing pasta flour, and whole wheat flour that is used and blended into various bread type products.
Most of the product we produce here is shipped by Bulk Truck within a 200 mile radius of our location. We also ship rail cars and bagged product Nationwide, and have one local customer that gets about 180,000 pounds of flour per day via a 1000 ft. long pipe connection from our plant to theirs.
The Utility Worker job is a gateway job to a long-term career with Ardent Mills. In it, you ll learn the basics of flour milling, be responsible for sanitation and cleanliness of the facility, and get trained on one or more work stations in the mill.
People who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties and safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion into other roles as they become available in the grain elevator, mill floor, or packing lines.
Training is primarily done during the 1st (day) shift, but new employees must be willing and able to work ALL shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and be available for regular overtime and/or weekend work.
This work requires physical exertion, the ability to learn and follow work instructions, a good safety sense, the willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver, and a strong sense of personal accountability for all of these areas.
* Routine cleaning of floors, equipment, roofs and outside grounds.
* Specialized cleaning tasks such as bin cleanings, rebolt sifter, filter sock changes.
* Special duties assigned by management.
* Basic process maintenance.
* Get cross-trained in at least two different operator jobs.
* Responsible for understanding and following all personnel and equipment safety policies; Sanitation policies; following all Business Unit policies and procedures.
* Ascend and descend stairs throughout the facility.
* Climb ladders (both step and extension).
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
* Follow verbal and written instructions (English).
* Communicate with peers and supervisors (English).
Skills & Experience
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be willing and able to work additional hours which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays.
* Communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.