Utility Worker - Manufacturing Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Galena Park, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Utility / Sanitation role at Ardent Mills is an entry level position for people looking to advance their career. This role offers employees the ability to get in on the ground floor in an incredibly fast moving company. Ardent Mills insists on hiring talented individualls looking to cross train in multiple areas within the Mill operation. The Utility role is truly a "jump off" position for individuals on the rise.
* Routine cleaning of floors, equipment, roofs and outside grounds.
* Specialized cleaning tasks such as bin cleanings, rebolt sifter, filter sock changes.
* Special duties assigned by management.
* Basic process maintenance.
* Get cross-trained in at least two different operator jobs.
* Responsible for understanding and following all personnel and equipment safety policies; Sanitation policies; following all Business Unit policies and procedures.
* Ascend and descend stairs throughout the facility.
* Climb ladders (both step and extension).
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
* Follow verbal and written instructions (English).
* Communicate with peers and supervisors (English).
Skills & Experience
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be willing and able to work additional hours which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays.
* Communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
* Must be willing to work in challenging enviornments where heat and cold will be present
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.