Utilization Review Specialist 8/12/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience in medical office, social service or case management
experience a plus.
- Superior customer service and phone skills; strong verbal communication, writing, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Must possess professional writing skills and ability to correspond with professionals both verbally and in writing
- Ability to accurately type 35 words per minute
- Must have strong spreadsheet and database skills to include intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Entire work time is conducted in an office setting
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to understand and follow complex instructions
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We seek a Utilization Review Specialist to join our growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines member eligibility
- Verifies the appropriateness of service levels
- Manages the denial and appeal process
- Monitors exceptional distance report
- Confirms utilization of the closest medical provider of services
- Assists with standing order recertification
- Audits whether provider billed for previously cancelled trips and/or was paid for trips that did not occur
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be requested to perform other duties from time to time.
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.