VALUE STREAM TEAM LEADER II 220.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
At least 3 years of supervisory experience in fabrication, machine shop, welding, or applicable manufacturing/repair. Aerospace experience preferred.
4-year degree, degree in process, or commitment to start degree as condition of employment.
Requires demonstrated proficiency in Quality Turn-backs and Problem Solving.
Must be able to drive corrective action through to implementation.
Requires demonstrated successful experience in Lean techniques and Continuous Improvement. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited/minimal management, supervises the timely and cost effective production of company products or repair of parts to ensure that reliability and quality standards conform to customer, government and company requirements.
* Supervises subordinate staff including, but not limited to, hiring, staff development, counseling and corrective action, training, performance evaluation and motivation.
* Manage part flow through stable output and quality level to support production system through applications such asproduction control boards, preventative maintenance, machine capacity and breakdown frequency analysis, operator daily maintenance checks, problem solving and error proofing.
* Evaluates current production/repair methods/processes, techniques, and standardsin order to recommend productivity and/or quality improvements using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
* Supports delivery of quality product on-time to customer and achievement of sales and profit plans.
* Implements standardized work to maintain quality and delivery.
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)