This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Edward Don & Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Owned and operated by the Don family since 1921, Edward Don & Company is the world's leading distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies. Our knowledgeable sales representatives, unmatched product selection, nationwide distribution centers, and integration of new technology make us the chosen supplier to all types of foodservice businesses including independent restaurants, national chains, health care, hospitality, country clubs, schools and universities, government institutions, and foodservice management.
Edward Don & Company offers a comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental and vision benefits; 401(k); paid vacation, personal/sick days and holidays; job training and development; life insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; merchandise discounts and much more.
SUMMARY This position operates in a fast paced environment for the leading National distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies The Value Added Services ( VAS) Coordinator is responsible for coordinating orders through effective communication methods with Sales, Operations and the Customer. This position is also responsible for providing detailed tracking of order status from inception through completion, monitoring orders in progress, and proactively addressing potential issues that might inhibit successful completion.
RELATIONSHIPS The VAS Coordinator reports to the Supply Chain Manager of VAS and works closely with the assigned National Account Supply Chain Manager as well as members of the Operations, VAS, Credit, Purchasing, and Supply Chain team(s). This position interacts regularly with Management, Sales, Credit, and members of other internal business units and is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external customers & vendors.
* Coordinates the order processing of customer transactions through dedicated e-mail box
* Validates and reconciles customer PO s received to the sales orders entered into SAP
* Researches discrepancies and communicates to customer any changes required
* On a weekly basis, tracks and reports the status of open Purchase Orders
* Communicates with customers on any backorders or shorts
* Completes Customer Shipment Consolidation Report
* Coordinates and schedule shipping tasks in GroupWise
* Processes all non-sales order activities, returns, mis-picks, damages, and shortages
* Proactively resolve/reconcile any billing related issues, i.e. RICs
* Validates Sales orders to Purchase orders received in TMC portal, release orders to warehouses and update shipments in TMC
* Submits BOL s to appropriate warehouse(s)
* Communicates late or no pickups to TMC
* Updates outbound pallet spreadsheets
* Keeps manager informed both verbally and in writing of issues within assigned area of responsibility
* Completes order entry, PO follow-up, and project status reports as needed
* Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS Required minimum knowledge, skills, education/training, experience, and physical obligations:
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution OR High School diploma or GED equivalent with 3-4 years of related working experience in supply chain operations, specifically with replenishment and/or purchasing
* Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
* Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Word)
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Ability to analyze data and identify the root cause
* Capable of working independently and as part of a team to provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
* Must be detailed oriented and well organized
* Ability to adhere to Edward Don & Company s Standards of Conduct policy
Preferred minimum knowledge, skills, education/training, experience, and physical obligations:
* Previous SAP experience/exposure is a plus
Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, or related field with 1-3 years of related experience in supply chain operations (specifically replenishment and/or purchasing) is preferred