This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: VB6Developer
Location: Springfield, IL
Duration : Full Time
* This position reviews, analyzes, and modifies business systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for Visual Basic Window programs.
* Works with project members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts.
* Follows approved life cycle methodologies. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software.
* Works on VB6Windows Desktop applications to maintain steady state of operations
* Works on VB6applications to correct programming errors using key debugging skills and problem resolution procedures
* Interfaces with IT management, project teams, IT Operations, and occasionally with business partners to assist with problem solving and project plan activities
* Mentors and coaches more junior technical staff
* Follows Horace Mann technology standards, SDLC, and project life cycle
* Under general direction, and from detailed specifications, works on elements of large, complex installations
* Direct work experience with Relational databases and access techniques: SQL, ODBC, ADO, RDO, and/or ADO.NET
* Direct work experience with OLE, COM, ActiveX and/or OCX development and troubleshooting