This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSoftware Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Sr. VB .NET Applications Developer for a right to hire assignment with one of our premier financial clients in Wilmington, DE.
* As an Applications Developer work with established technical specifications to develop and deliver defined functionality under the supervision of an application Technical Lead following disciplined SDLC processes. Read and understand business requirements, write functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs, and build / unit / system test application code.
* Support the changes/applications post implementation by debugging, fixing, and participating in maintenance releases as prescribed by management.
* Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
* You will support the production environment for multiple applications by identifying root cause for critical system issues to ensure timely resolution and minimize impact to the business partner.
* Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. Help define target state and technology selection.
* Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
* Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations.
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned.
* Performing general system maintenance and support as necessary.
* Must have worked in an Agile environment and the ability to foster an environment where creativity and empowerment flourish.
* The candidate should be able to interact effectively with project managers, developers, QA testers, tech leads, technical operations, etc.
* 6+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
* 6+ years' experience with Win Form, VB .Net, ASP 3.0, ADO.NET, Entity Framework 4.0
* 6+ years' experience working in both UNIX and Windows environments.
* 3+ years' experience working in Java, and related technologies
* 3+ years in Oracle or PLSQL.
* Ability to write Unix ksh scripts
* Experience with Control M scheduling or any other Job Scheduler.
* Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
* Experience in data analysis and strong analytical skills.
* Must have experience with version control tools (Subversion).
* Experience with ASP and SQL server is a plus
* Exposure to Open Source technologies (Ant, Nunit, Log4Net, Entity Framework, CI tools) is a plus
* Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and work ethic
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Strong desire to learn new technologies and applications along with the ability to adapt to very challenging environments.