Detailing Manager- Electrical 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a BIM MANAGER- ELECTRICAL to join the team as a member of our growing Seattle division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
* Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions, and directions.
* Defines, communicates, and manages scope, design intent and design process for direct supervisor review.
* Coordinates with internal design team on the development of drafting/ modeling and design tasks.
* Manages multiple internal clients and projects concurrently.
* Responds to and negotiates deadlines given by internal and external clients.
* Uses independent judgment to apply, maintain, and enforce current Revit/AutoCAD standards.
* Interaction with client s VDC team members with the ability to lead meetings.
* Takes the initiative to further develop drafting, modeling, design skills and standards.
* Organizes the BIM/Revit environment and maintains all related documents.
* Develops and promotes practices to improve production efficiency and effectiveness of all BIM/Revit software platforms used by providing comments and updates to standards
* Develops positive working relationships with all internal and external team members assigned to your projects.
* Communicate Project Workflow ideology to Engineering Team both internal and external
Other Duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Three (3) years of experience in BIM/Revit in the construction industry is required.
* Three (3) years of experience in 3D/BIM modeling is required.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
* Proficient in the latest version of AutoCAD MEP and RevitMEP required.
* Working knowledge of mechanical/electrical systems preferred.
* Knowledge of all output devices including plotters, printers, copies, and file transfer preferred.
* Knowledge of NEC and Building Codes preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Normal office working conditions.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: VDC, virtual design and construction, detailing, detailer, revit, autoCAD, MEP, BIM, building information modeling, electrical.