VP Accounting - Private Equity 9/6/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Coda is boutique specialized and consulting firm, whose business model was founded with the sole purpose , partner and connect talented financial and technical professionals with industry leading organizations. Our diverse client list ranges in size from a 5-10 person pre-revenue start-ups some of the largest Fortune companies in the area.
Our client is a premier Alternative Asset Manager with a 40+ track record of successfully risk adverse investing in undervalued opportunities. Core strategies include; Private Equity, Distressed, Real Estate and Global Macro. Due organizational growth client is looking add VP their successful Private Equity Group.
* Preparing and analyzing financial statements, evaluate controls.
* Review paper, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
* Manage the fund's cash balances determine the need for capital calls/waterfall, distributions.
* Review management fee calculations, including offset able amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
* Manage fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect alternative investment funds, with a focus private equity funds
* Interact with other teams including tax, legal, treasury, client services, investment teams, corporate finance, etc.
* Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
* Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
* 5+ of related professional experience (Private Equity/Hedge Funds and/or Alternative Asset Management)
* Accounting and CPA Strongly
* Experience in financial and auditing and tax
* Technical Skills: Aexeo/Investran or Similar
* Excellent Communication skills