VP, Business Assurance Services 9/15/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VP, Business Assurance Services
The Equinix Business Assurance Services Department (BAS) has been established to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services, creating value for the organization while systematically improving Company operations and performance. The team brings a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our day-to-day operations, assesses and highlights increased areas of risk management exposure, routinely assesses and reports on control and governance processes with value-added insight. This position, based in Redwood Shores, California, reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and Chief Financial Officer.
* Develop a flexible annual plan using risk-based methodologies
* Implement the annual plan based on Audit Committee and senior leadership guidance and support
* Assess merged and/or consolidated functions, processes and systems for control deficiencies
* Inform the Audit Committee and senior leadership of emerging trends and best-practices in governance, risk and compliance
* Ensure financial, managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely
* Investigate fraudulent and other whistle-blower activities within the Company and notify management and the Audit Committee of the results
* Identify regulatory opportunities and challenges that create risk for the company and recommend mitigation solutions
* Conduct operational audits and drive remediation strategies to improve business performance
* Work with human resources, legal and leadership to ensure employee actions are in compliance with policies, standard procedures and applicable laws
* Partner with other teams at Equinix, and our external auditors, that perform governance, risk, control and monitoring activities
* Lead and develop a high-performing team of audit professionals; develop knowledge, skills, experience, and certifications required to deliver against the team s charter
* Meet regularly with the Audit Committee and, as appropriate, other Board of Directors and senior leadership to influence and implement recommendations
* Measure progress toward goals and report to the Audit Committee in a timely manner
* BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related business fields; Master degree preferred
* 15+ years in Audit, Accounting or Finance functions
* CPA, CIA required; additional certifications desirable (e.g., CISA, CFE)
* Demonstrated leadership and development of teams of 10 or more
* Strong communication skills and interaction with Board of Directors and senior leadership
* Ability to influence global organizational improvement
* Big 4 experience (4+ years) preferred
* Does not compromise on quality or professional standards; stands ground in the face of auditee or internal pressure.
* Is viewed as a trusted business advisor and develops deep working and business relationships.
* Demonstrates behavior that is reflective of the Company Code of Conduct.
* Mentors others in developing skills to build and sustain deep auditee relationships.
* Identifies issues auditees may not recognize and recommends solutions that are appropriate for auditee and business/regulatory environment.
* Generates a vision, establishes direction and motivates people to focus efforts and build commitment toward achieving the established goals.
* Encourages cooperation within teams; addresses conflict quickly and proactively.
* Manages a variety of viewpoints to create positive outcomes for all parties.
* Demonstrates confidence and expertise in the presentation of new ideas and deliverables.
* Demonstrates strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Consistently demonstrates team leadership
* Demonstrates leadership, passion, enthusiasm and personal dedication.
* Solicits and acts upon auditee feedback.
* Identifies ways to address auditee needs, managing introduction of technical experts or specialists where applicable.