VP, Business Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Bank of America Merchant Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Number: 4460
Position Title: 421SE : BUS CNSLT-BB CLTS
The Business Consultant (BC) is responsible for revenue growth through complete ownership and accountability for both new and existing client relationships within an assigned portfolio. This position provides the ability to sell the full suite of Bank of America Merchant Services solutions to large corporations with revenues not exceeding $50M. This is accomplished by using a solution-based, consultative selling approach designed to help clients grow their businesses. Sales efforts will be driven by referrals obtained from a strong working relationship developed with our nationally branded bank partnership along with other referral sources, both large and small. Through needs assessment and application of consultative strategies, the BC will strengthen client and business partner relationships, ensuring clients are equipped with current industry vertical and related payment industry requirements, including security, compliance, loyalty, mobility and growth strategies.
* Maintain retention, margin and cross sale goals within the existing client portfolio by proactively evaluating client business needs against our ability to solution for those needs.
* Establish new client relationships from within an assigned prospect list, growing an overall portfolio of relationships and associated revenue
* Measure success by portfolio revenue growth, cross sales, and client satisfaction.
* Serve as a resource lead, bringing all BAMS enterprise assets to the client facing relationship as needed or desired to bring positive outcomes to the client and BAMS alike.
* Understand industry trends and effectively position BAMS products and services to drive cross sales opportunities.
* Influence and guide decision making within the client organization.
* Develop routines that enable effective alignment, communication and collaboration with extended enterprise partners including our BANA Treasury and Client teams and Technical/product partners.
* Facilitate the resolution of escalations, contract extensions, financial dispute/issues and general business management.
* Serve as a coach or team lead to the extended relationship team.
* Bachelor s Degree and at least 5-8 years experience in bankcard and related industry sales and consultation.
* Consultative mindset, with the ability to develop client and business strategies to maximize growth and development.
* Experience selling Merchant, Bankcard, Payment Processing or Financial Services.
* Technologically savvy; comfortable with tablet and cloud-based solutions and able to apply technology to help grow small businesses
* Passion for continuously learning about and leveraging new technology
* Strong prospecting skills and ability to coach others on self-generating new business
* Hunter mentality with drive to identify and follow-through on opportunities
* Solution selling experience preferred
* Ability to quickly establish and maintain productive relationships with senior executives in large corporations.
* Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment.
* Strong detail-orientation and problem solving skills.
* Strong customer service and client-centric focus.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
* Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills.
* Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
* Outstanding sales/portfolio management, business development and negotiation skills.
* Ability to multitask and change direction in ever changing business development environment.
* Ability to coach associates with less experience and/or knowledge.
* Bachelor s Degree.
* 5+ years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn various sales applications.
* Travel is required to perform essential functions of the role.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Business Consultant
Bank of America Merchant Services connects businesses and consumers by doing payments better. In an increasingly complex marketplace, we empower businesses to give consumers the right commerce experience. We consult with businesses to customize solutions that integrate selling channels, open new markets, solve problems using data, stay secure and, ultimately, accomplish more.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Bank of America Merchant Services ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The employer will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the employer s legal duty to furnish information.
Alternate Location 1:
Alternate Location 2:
Alternate Location 3:
Alternate Location 4:
Work Location Type: Work From Home