VP Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06766-37338
POSITION TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT CENTRAL/WEST TEXAS DIVISION
Supervises: Product line leaders Cardiovascular, Oncology, and other additions
The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for:
* Initiating, implementing and coordinating new business initiatives for HCA Central/West Texas Division which is composed of St. David s Health Partnership (Austin Market) and Las Palmas/Del Sol Health System (El Paso Market).
* Identification, prioritization, and execution of business development opportunities and strategies.
* Analyzes and directs outreach collaboration strategies.
* Anticipating, identifying, planning and organizing strategic growth initiatives at the Division and market level.
* Coordination, development and implementation of division-wide service line growth strategies. Providing oversight to the product line leaders.
* Coordination and execution of select service line initiatives / processes.
* Operational management oversight for key strategic growth related initiatives.
* Maintains strong working relationships with key physician leaders adn hospital executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* In collaboration with Division Leadership and Hospital CEOs, INITIATE AND DEVELOP MARKET BASED /COMPETITOR ANALYSIS of healthcare trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance trends, and deliver data-driven analyses to support actionable strategic direction by the HCA Central/West Texas Division/Hospitals. Prepare and manage market studies and perform other research and analysis relating to the Division's external and internal development efforts.
* PERFORM ANALYSIS AND IDENTIFICATION OF NEW GROWTH / MARKET OPPORTUNITIES and recommends course of action for Division/Hospitals. Assist Division and Hospital Officers in the preservation, development, growth and sales of current / new development strategies.
* In collaboration with Division Leadership and Hospital CEOs, ESTABLISH AND MONITOR STRATEGIC GROWTH INITIATIVES TARGETING RURAL OUTREACH, AND SPECIFIC SERVICE LINES, ensuring process focus on the strategic business drivers, with focus on service line growth, service, quality, people, financial, and key community and internal relationships.
* In collaboration with Division President, Division Executives, Facility CEOs, and Service Line Leaders, HCA Physician Services, and Sales, ASSURE SERVICE LINE PLANS ARE DEVELOPED AND EXECUTED. Plans should include strategies that address growth, quality, service and earnings when possible.
* Identifies KEY GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN THE MARKET FOR POTENTIAL JOINT VENTURES, NEW DEVELOPMENT OR ACQUISITION; directs activities related to new business initiatives and forecasting.
* PROVIDES PRIMARY LEADERSHIP AND DIRECTION FOR NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE DIVISION, ensuring that sales, business development, and operations leaders collaborate on desired methods and results to achieve the same.
* In collaboration with other Division/hospital leadership, ENSURE ALIGNMENT AND INTEGRATION OF HOSPITAL AND CORPORATE RESOURCES around the facility and division strategic business plans, including the projection of capital, operating, information technology, and human resources needs.
* In relation to business development issues will serve as a CUSTOMER LEAD TO DIVISION/FACILITY SENIOR LEADERSHIP TO IDENTIFY POTENTIAL ISSUES AND RISKS, TO COLLECT INFORMATION FOR DIVISION-WIDE DECISION-MAKING, and to provide value-added services to the key business drivers. Ensures availability of key information required for hospital-wide decision-making.
* EVALUATES, INVESTIGATES, AND REMAINS ABREAST OF NEW TECHNOLOGY, public policies and environmental activities which have an impact on the operation of the facilities; remains current with regulatory standards impacting hospital operations.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS
* Works collaboratively with internal and external constituents to develop programs to leverage the market position of the Division and the Austin and El Paso Market(s); identifies, conceptualizes, and promotes programs and services that will enhance the Division s ability to respond to identified market needs within the framework of the strategic plan.
* Cultivates and develops relationships with potential business partners and leverages these relationships in order to grow market share, service volume, and brand recognition.
* Partners with colleagues and physicians to develop and communicate strategies which strengthen overall financial and service performance; partners with Service Line Leaders and Physician Sales to identify and execute opportunities to strengthen physician network referrals; works to identify and remove access barriers to a fluid internal referral system.
* Keeps current on issues, practices and new trends related to healthcare, the practice of health care administration, and joint venturing; maintains and awareness of developments in the health care industry including local conditions, economic/regulatory issues and competitors to develop strategies to respond to such trends.
EDUCATION: Requires a minimum of a Master s Degree in Hospital Administration and/or Business Administration, or similar graduate degree from an accredited college or university
EXPERIENCE: Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive healthcare facility leadership experience, five (5) of which must have been in a free-standing, acute care facility or multi-hospital system; previous multi-facility and/or planning development management / consulting experience preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: American College of Healthcare Executives fellow status preferred within five years of assuming the position.
* Ability to establish and effectively communicate a vision for business growth, and follow through on numerous points of communication with diverse group of constituents.
* Ability to research, understand, articulate changes in, and determine the impact of changes in public policy, environmental issues, and community economic trends.
* Ability to focus on desired outcomes and prepare specific business development and/or operational plans to achieve the same.
* Ability to observe, perceive, and understand obstacles to superior quality, service, and financial performance for the facility.
* Ability to coach and support the development of Division/Facility senior leaders.
* Ability to lead permanent and temporary teams of individuals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines in the best interest of the patients served, physicians, and the facilities within the Division.
* Ability to make effective presentations to a variety of constituents, including physicians, board members, facility leadership, hospital leadership, group and company operations leadership.
* Knowledge of financial, accounting, and budgeting activities and analysis.
* Knowledge of computer technology and financial applications
* Strong interpersonal/human relations skills, including the ability to establish a productive and cohesive partnership with others.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work as a member of a team and negotiate and facilitate diverse opinions, groups, entrepreneurial, and academic cultures.
* Possess high degree of integrity and moral character.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires the ability to travel from one location to another within the Division and around the Austin and El Paso Market(s). Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 20 pounds