VP Chart Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91765
Reimbursement Technologies, Inc. a subsidiary of Envision Healthcare, is a premier ER physician billing company located right outside of Philadelphia in Conshohocken, PA. We are currently looking for a Vice President of Chart Management. We were founded in 1991 to provide comprehensive service oriented billing and financial management services primarily to emergency department physicians. Since then, RTI has grown into a 900+ employee firm that processes the billing for over 13 million emergency room patients annually for physicians in over 42 states.
This position can be based out of Conshohocken, PA or the Dallas metro area.
The Vice President of Chart Management will provide overall plans, schedules, and organization of the EmCare Emergency and Hospitalist Medicine chart capture, acquisition and associated quality processes. Develop (with RTI and EmCare/EVHC management) action plans to address chart management issues highlighted from continuous analysis, and work with RTI/EmCare Clinical Operations/EVHC Finance to develop and refine methods for chart management improving cash collections and minimizing associated write-offs. Provide oversight and direction to the Company's RTI and remote Billing and Site Coordinator staff
* Develop and monitor reporting tools to track chart acquisition key performance indicators (KPIs), (e.g., Chart Lag Times, chart quality, chart production, chart WIP queues)
* Provide regular analysis of cost and performance of chart acquisition outsourcing vendors and suppliers (e.g., technology, temporary labor)
* Monitor and manage overall chart acquisition processes. Manage the value added processes so the charts are indexed and available for downstream process. Develop Quality Assurance plans and Quality Controls for the chart acquisition process.
* Establish and manage processes for the rework of charts with practitioners. Work with Divisional and customer site leadership and personnel to alleviate chart acquisition issues, improve speed and quality.
* Analyze current and past trends in Key Performance Indicators, including: productivity, quality, WIP queues, and revenue adjustments associated with chart acquisition short falls.
* Develop in-depth intimacy with RTI functions and operations, including the flow of cash (by day/week of month, typical problems and issues).
* Respond to queries from EmCare Clinical Operations and EmCare and EVHC Finance/Accounting with appropriate analysis and executive-level communications, regarding specific performance indicators, and other issues.
* Develop and continuously improve Chart Acquisition staff, processes and systems. Lead initiatives to develop new approaches to streamline existing processes, reorganize work, implement new technologies, and improve resource utilization, with a focus on best cost methods.
* Develop budgets and staffing models. Develop appropriate centralized, regionalized, and remote capabilities ensuring un-interrupted chart production. Monitor and manage labor costs, inventory levels and production planning for designated departments. Optimize productivity while avoiding unnecessary costs such as excess overtime.
* Develop and monitor Chart Acquisition staffing levels and training. Make adjustments for changes in EmCare organization structure, systems or work flow as needed.
* Communicate chart management goals and priorities for the management team. Monitor changes in priorities and the resulting maximization of revenue. Ensure appropriate follow-through.
* Set goals jointly with subordinates; clearly communicate goals and objectives; monitor them regularly through counsel and documentation.
* Delegate appropriately to subordinates; communicate clearly and thoroughly expectations regarding all delegated work. Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide corrective actions to assigned personnel, and work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, and promotions. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
* Oversee preparation of necessary materials for various audits and work with outside auditors and regulatory representatives.
* Forecast and anticipate other operating expense needs (e.g., travel, training, and consulting). Make recommendations to SVP regarding operating and capital budgets.
* Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with EmCare and EVHC professionals (e.g., Operations, Business Development, IT and Finance), as well as with the Company's clients, payors, consultants, banks and financial intermediaries and government agencies.
* Requires up to 25% travel to client locations.
* Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Education/Licensing/Certification: Bachelors Degree in Business, Operational Management, or Process Management.
Experience: Five (5) years management experience in healthcare billing and collections or medical records, at the Director level or higher, required. Managerial experience in a high volume transaction oriented business required. Experience with Lean Principles and methodology strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts
* Healthcare billing, collections and other support functions including: audit, patient complaint, grievance processing, bid preparation, regulatory compliance.
* Medical and insurance industry terminology.
* Hospital processes, including functions and processes of Emergency Rooms and Admissions offices.
* HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other critical governmental regulations.
* Regulatory compliance and auditing practices.
* Management principles.
* EVHC/EmCare business models
* Develop and document policies/procedures, SOPs, and reports.
* Maintain fluency with (working knowledge of) various tools:
* Billing systems (e.g.,EmBillz).
* Spreadsheet, word processing/presentation tools, (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point,Visio)
* Database and query tools (e.g., Access)
* Companywide financial and operational databases (e.g., OutlookSoft).
* Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English.
* Convey thoughts in a well-organized, concise manner. Use appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.