VP - Credit - Franchise
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the EFUS Senior Credit Officer:
* Working with originations, sales, operations and legal, build out the Franchise Finance business segment for EFUS including end to end procedures and process.
* Responsible for the credit adjudication and decision process for Franchise Finance business segment.
* Underwrite and decision transactions, recommending transactions over authority to CCO.
* Lead negotiation of transaction terms and structures within approved and established credit policies.
* Lead discussions directly with Customers and Sponsors
* Act as liaison between legal, operations and originations, ensuring that business is processed timely and risk is protected
* Monthly monitoring of portfolio with the reporting and summarizing key credit metrics results to CCO
* Monitoring of customers for covenant compliance
* Perform Franchisor Concept reviews
Qualifications: * 8+ years Credit underwriting experience - Enterprise Value / Cash Flow underwriting experience needed
* Experience underwriting Restaurant Franchise transactions (preferred)
* Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review and understand complex transactions, attention to detail.
* Strong proactive approach to relationship building, procedures and portfolio development
* Confident and effective communicator (both verbal and written)