VP - Credit Risk Analyst 8/20/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONVP - Credit Risk Analyst
Seeking a CREDIT RISK ANALYST who will conduct in-depth credit analyses of proposed transactions, formulating a written risk opinion which is presented to the Credit Committee.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for providing analysis for Financial Institutions, focusing on banks, securitization, and insurance entities. The Credit Analyst identifies the potential risk(s) and positive attributes of each deal with the ultimate goal being the support of the business while avoiding undue risk and credit loss. The Credit Analyst also conducts annual reviews, processes amendments and modifications, monitors the Financial Institutions portfolio, and participates in the quarterly watch list meetings if necessary.
* Conduct detailed credit risk assessments and prepare written risk opinions.
* Preparation of various portfolio analytical reports and presentations, conduct property inspections, analyze personal and corporate financial statements, etc.
* Liaise with senior bankers and be responsible for making presentations to the various credit committees.
* Responsible for articulating a convincing case in support of the risk opinion.
* Evaluate and comment as to the operating condition of borrowers in financial difficulty and discuss potential resolutions in quarterly Watch List meetings.
* Closely monitor existing commitments, ensuring they are up to date in order to avoid breaches and high RWA.
* Conduct annual reviews and renewals of existing investment grade and "problem" counterparties by analyzing and providing accurate details about financial performance, projected earnings, and specific industry outlook.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college required in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or other business related discipline; Graduate degree preferred.
* Exposure to Funds and other financial institutions a plus.
* Minimum 3-5 years of previous credit experience specifically geared towards trading limits to financial institution counterparties.
* Proficiency in MS Office products including extensive knowledge of MS Excel.
* Knowledge of internal credit systems.
* Excellent communication (written, oral and listening) and interpersonal skills a must. Skillful written communication is necessary; the ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* CFA; FASC; CCRA; CCA; CMB; CFE; Series 7, Series 63, etc. preferred.