VP Director of Strategy, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION.Tracking Code
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE THIS JOB
You are looking for an opportunity to create and deliver innovative brand experience programs that span digital, social, and in-person touchpoints. You have a strong background in strategic planning from both a brand and digital perspective. You will manage a department, develop innovative new methodologies, and play a leading role in the transformation of an agency. You are an effective internal collaborator able to survive and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid atmosphere, partnering seamlessly across creative, account services, integrated production, analytics, and user experience design. You are equally comfortable combing meticulously through research to uncover vital insights, as well as abstracting things down to a couple key sound-bites to present the agency s work to our client s CMO.
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Here are Momentum, we re one of the top Sports Marketing and Experiential agencies in the business, and also pride ourselves on being the Total Brand Experience agency. That means you ll have a chance to lead activation programs leveraging emerging technologies like IoT or Virtual Reality, as well as fundamental strategic tasks such as communications planning and creative brief development. Oh, and it doesn t hurt that you ll have amazing co-workers, get a chance to work hard while maintaining a good work-life balance, and witness firsthand our ground-breaking work in live event space - like You vs. Sharapova at the 2015 US Tennis Open for American Express.
/ HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Drive research to inform strategic planning, across a variety of sources including primary research, secondary and syndicated sources, social listening, and actively following the latest developments in the industry
* Develop compelling presentations through strategic frameworks and visual storytelling to sell-in new programs and concepts
* Write creative briefs to educate and inspire a diverse team of resources including creative technology, art, design, and user experience
* Follow through on projects from inception to completion to ensure execution stay on-strategy at all milestones
* Help shape best practices in measuring campaign effectiveness
* Build the agency s processes and tools around brand, social, and digital
* Act as a steward of multi-year programs to ensure we help our clients modernize and evolve
* Lead the strategy department internally and externally
* Manage a team of 10+ resources in New York and across North America
* Mentor junior staff
* Collaborate across the Momentum and IPG network
* Articulate a 1, 3, and 5 year innovation plan for the Strategy department and the agency as a whole
* Extensive familiarity of research and insights tools
* Strong knowledge of social and digital platforms and best practices
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Meeting facilitation and moderation skills a nice to have but not mandatory
* Ability to convey both passion and clarity when presenting a strategic rationale for a concept
* Strongly articulated and differentiated point of view when it comes to the future of advertising and customer experience
* Experience with sports, music, or entertainment marketing nice to have but not mandatory
* Familiar with developing strategy and executing marketing programs for both b2b and b2c audiences
* 7+ years experience in an agency or client-side setting
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.
New York, New York, United States