VP, Engineering 8/11/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT CANARY HEALTH
Canary Health is the leading provider of proven digital health self-management and behavior change programs. Our mission is to empower people with the tools, coaching and community support to self-manage their health. We work with some of the largest healthcare organizations in North America and are proud of the numerous published results proving that our programs work to slow the progression of chronic conditions, enhance quality of life, improve health outcomes, and lower the cost of care. Canary Health solutions have been deployed at dozens of healthcare organizations impacting tens of thousands of individuals. Our suite of engaging, evidence-based programs is unique in the market as it addresses the needs of the whole person including their physical, mental and emotional health.
Canary Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Canary Health President & CEO, the VP of Engineering will provide management and hands-on technical leadership to a team of engineers. We are looking for a leader to scale a top tier team of developers and collaborate across the organization. The solutions being developed must delight participants and seamlessly interface with the healthcare system. The successful candidate will have a passion for developing great software with quality and velocity. We are entering a new and exciting phase of fast growth. This role is critical in our establishing market leadership and contributing to an organizational culture focused on helping people live healthier, happier lives.
We are entering a new and exciting phase of fast growth and are recruiting for a key role on the executive team. If you are excited by this mission and energized by the challenge, let us know!
We offer a negotiated competitive compensation program including salary, bonus, 401K, equity and benefits. Please submit your resume, a cover letter and your salary requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop strategic plan for technology, articulate the technical direction and provide leadership of overall technology architecture
* Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and customer integration requirements
* Hire, develop and manage a high functioning, cohesive, engineering team that writes great code and solves problems
* Ensure implementation of agile methodologies and test driven environment
* Drive engineering efforts and partner across the organization (Product, Clinical, Service Delivery, ability to adapt to dynamic and growing environment
* Preferred: Knowledge of healthcare or working in a regulated industry
* Ability to travel - 10%
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
Technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, Git, Redis, Java, ASP.Net, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL
B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required