VP Finance / CFO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JWM Group, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONVICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE / CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The VP of Finance/CFO position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
* Participate in the development of the Company's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
* Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Management and other senior managers in performing their responsibilities.
* Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
* Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
* Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
* Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
* Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
* Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of favorable tax codes.
* Oversee the activities of the Company accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
* Oversee the activities of the accounting department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
* Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
* Communicate with co-workers, management and others in a courteous and professional manner.
* Confirm with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
* CPA certification preferred.
* Ten to Fifteen years of related experience.
* Knowledge of MS Office related softwarerequired.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and lead team projects
* Must exhibit exceptional communication skills (written and oral)