VP, Finance Project Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: This visible role will help ensure the success and build-out of the new Strategic Initiatives unit which supports the successful implementation of critical accounting and finance projects.
* Provide project management and leadership to large accounting and finance related projects
* Understand details around all facets of the assigned projects and optimize resources to meet all project deadlines
* P ro-actively identify roadblocks and develop solutions to ensure success of projects
* Effectively handle multiple high priority accounting/finance projects and deliverables under tight time constraints
* Develop, complete and communicate detailed project status reporting
* Drive project deliverables and ensure accountability from all stakeholders
* Bachelor's degree required
* Prior Project Leader experience
* Proven communication skills including presentation of concise project status reports to stakeholders
* Strong accounting and finance background with excellent analytical skills and abilities
* Strong project management, communication and organizational skills nd more)
* Solid experience with multiple finance systems and advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and more)
* Possess proven interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others
* Prior supervisory experience and skills including ability to effectively manage, motivate and empower a small team
Additional Preferred Experience
* Advanced PowerPoint
* MBA or other applicable advanced degree
* Relevant Project Management Certification and applicable methodologies [PMP, Six Sigma, Waterfall, Agile]
* Business Project Management Tech Tools experience: MS Project / Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Project Server