VP General Manager
Our client a $10B a diversified industrial global leader is looking for a VP General Manager to be based in the Atlanta, GA area. This position will have full strategic and tactical responsibility for the Americas region. The successful candidate will lead and energize the organization. Proactive and hands-on leadership of the business to maintain and improve the position in the market and overall profitability, as well as managing relationships with customers and preparing the business for cyclical market changes.
* Create a vision that enables a collective drive across the organization to win on short term goals, to organize, lead and execute in a challenging business environment, while simultaneously driving the organization to achieve the longer term strategy with accurate forecasting.
* Manage the business transformation process from a structural as well as a product and service proposition perspective.
* Development and roll-out of the strategic roadmap.
* Drive top-line and bottom-line of the business; increase profitability of the business.
* Represent the company externally, Industry Associations, Customers, and Suppliers etc.
* Apply business acumen in order to optimize allocation of resources for long-term growth and achieve best in class delivery.
* Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies to achieve the objectives.
* Market observation and analysis to adjust the business strategy to the overall market development and trends.
* Ensure appropriate financial planning, control and reporting.
* Drive safety culture and performance.
* Attract, develop, and retain top talent.
* Undergraduate degree in an engineering related technical discipline and an advanced degree in business or a related field. (MS in Engineering or MBA).
* 10+ years of business, and P&L experience.
* Proven ability to provide first hand guidance in managing customer relationships.
* Apply business acumen by identifying promising trends in a given market and create synergistic relationships. Discover opportunities.
* Experienced with a financially-driven company environment.
* A demonstrated ability to develop an outstanding team and motivate commitment and performance.
* Proven success in leading effective change and continuous improvement.
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural team environment demonstrating influence across many functions.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate projects status needs across different levels of the organization and different operating environments