VP Global Indirect Procurement 8/16/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
60% - PURCHASING WORK PROCESSES - Develop and introduce world class purchasing work processes across the Indirect Spend Categroy. Work closely with business partners and functions to improve and standardize process. Seek out opportunities to initiate ongoing productivity programs to drive value capture across all categories of spend Proactively seek out leading edge purchasing techniques, and champion the use of formal category management techniques and processes across all categories. 20% - CATGEORY FOCUS - Work with procurement and business unit partners to develop solutions which best support and deliver value capture and profide for business innovation and growth t. Contribute to development of overall purchasing objectives and strategies, and lead development of strategies specific to all Indirect spend categories.. Deploy strategies within his/her team as well as Procurement service organizations. Review, critique and approve sourcing proposals in line with delegated authorities. Identify and develop strategic supplierrelationships. 20% - CAPABILITY AND ENGAGEMENT - Lead coaching and individual training/development for his/her team as required to build capability to deliver overall purchasing and category objectives. Ensure team members are managed appropriately according to relevant HR plans and policies (objective setting and performance review, reward, engagement, development and career planning etc).
* Spend on global categories identified is approx $2.2 billion and touches all Business Units and support functions in 6 major categories, 45 sub categories, 10000+ suppliers, . Sourcing is Global in Nature with suppliers ranging from small local companies to major multinationals.
* Team comprises 5 direct reports and matrix to multiple procurement service organizationsl.
* Need to deliver productivity, innovation and value creation to balance potentially conflicting business requirements and the need to find/negotiate the best compromise and (re)prioritize activities.
* Role requires the ability to work successfully in a multidisciplined environment, to identify and the proper supply base design to meet potentially conflicting buiness requirements (e.g. material price vs supplier innovation capability vs supply reliability risk, or local price advantage vs overall Global benefit). The incumbent must guide the recommendations from his team and lead the process to achieve cross functional alignment in a complex matrix structure
* Team may not be co-located with the job holder, requiring ablity to manage remote resources.
Leverage complex SAP systems which creates significant challenges for purchasing work processes. Persistance and strong arguementation is typically required to get x-functional, x-country buy-in.
* Minimum 8 - 10+ years of relevant indirec procurement experience
* * Advanced degrees (Masters, MBA ) strongly preferred
* * Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems such as SAP is preferred
* * 5-10 years of direct line management experience
UNDERSTANDING OF INDIRECT CATEGORIES FOR CPG COMPANIES
* STRONG LEADERSHIP AND ABILITY TO CHAMPION THE STRATEGIC SOURCING AND ONGOING PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROCESSES ACROSS ALL INDIRECT EXTERNALLY PURCHASED GOODS AND SERVICES
* EXCELLENT LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION CAPABILITIES, INCLUDING BOTH WRITTEN AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
* DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO ANALYZE COMPLEX PRICING PROPOSALS AND FORMULATE A STRATEGIC PLAN
* SUBSTANTIAL EXPERIENCE IN CONDUCTING STRATEGIC SOURCING PROCESS AND STRATEGIC SUPPLIER NEGOTIATIONS
* DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO WORK ACROSS MULTIPLE PROJECTS AT ONCE
* ABILITY TO INTERFACE WITH SENIOR LEADERSHIP AND NAVIGATE THROUGH ORGANIZATIONAL BOUNDARIES AND PROACTIVELY MANAGE CHANGE WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION
* PROVEN ABILITY TO MANAGE A TEAM OF 10+ PEOPLE; STRONG DEVELOPER OF TALENT AND SUPPORTER OF TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
* CURRENT BEST PRACTICE KNOWLEDGE OF DEVELOPMENTS IN THE E-PROCUREMENT AREA PLUS A DRIVE TO PURSUE THE OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED
* ABILITY TO CREATE A CULTURE THAT STRIVES TO ADD SIGNIFICANT VALUE, NOT PROCESS TRANSACTIONS; REWARDS INITIATIVE, PROMOTES TALENT, AND ROTATES STAFF TO EXPAND KNOWLEDGE
7-10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.