VP Global Sourcing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Manufacturing Automation Technology
Our client develops hardware and software to help their customers develop and manufacture their products smarter, quicker and more efficiently. They are a global business with over 50,000 customers across 100+ countries.
The Vice President Global Sourcing will be responsible for leading a supply chain team of approximately 20 professionals in the USA (Connecticut) and in China (Shanghai), responsible for the strategic sourcing development and operational management of all product procurement for the company (new product, services and aftermarket commodities) for a total annual spend of more than $80M. The company uses a hybrid manufacturing model (both in-house and outsourced) and source OEM solutions to complement its portfolio. The main goals of this position are to minimize the costs for the company, protect the company's IP, maximize the service from vendors in order to meet key stakeholders' business expectations, maintain the required quality levels and ensure compliance with international norms/ regulations and licensor's requirements.
The VP Global Sourcing collaborates with other senior leaders and their teams in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Law, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and Product Innovation to enable the company to achieve its revenue growth aspirations through the introduction of new products and smooth and rapid integration of acquisition targets.
Reporting directly to the VP, Global Operations, the VP Global Sourcing will:
---- Work with key stakeholders to strategically evolve the network of suppliers and consolidate where appropriate to leverage efficiencies, simplify "run the business" activities and drive cost savings.
---- Continue the robust gross margin enhancement program through the rollout of continuous improvement initiatives at supply partners, motivating key internal Supply Chain and QA stakeholders and supplementing with external resources to drive meaningful cost reduction projects that have a favorable ROI.
---- Strategically lead the cost savings program, providing the commercial team with options and recommendations to drive down unit cost and improve gross margin.
---- Relentlessly pursue excellence in service levels for aftermarket and services business units, with industry-leading unit fill rate and orders shipped complete ("perfect order") rate of 90+%. Motivate the Supply Planning, Sourcing and Quality teams collaborate on optimizing batch sizes, run frequency, risk identification and mitigation, lead time reduction and supply chain simplification to achieve service level targets while decreasing overall investment in working capital.
---- Foster a team environment, delegated decision making, creative thinking, and excellence in internal customer service. Be accessible and visible, demonstrating energy, passion and enthusiasm.
---- Actively participate concurrently in the New Product Innovation program and staged gate deliverables, including idea generation, driving awareness of supply-side capabilities and relevant new product developments, and creating a culture across Operations that embraces the importance of every employee in the NPD process to effectively launch new SKUs to drive organic company growth.
---- Cultivate a cross-functional S monitor gap closure plans to mitigate shortfalls as needed.
---- Provide operational insight and analysis on due diligence projects, and present the risks and opportunities clearly and concisely in the evaluation process.
---- For acquired brands and/or businesses or Key OEM products, oversee the contractual aspects and the supply chain integration planning and execution.
---- Develop and mentor employees and ensure their readiness for company and personal career growth; ensure programs are developed for enhanced use of SAP and other supply chain tools. Build an organization so that the balance between tactical and strategic is close to 50/50.
- On time delivery and fill rates
- Annual cost savings
- Inbound Quality
- Inventory levels
RequiredQualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communication skills with the innate ability to influence others outside and across the traditional organizational structure- including senior company leadership, to build meaningful team relationships, and to drive for results across functional lines
* Sophisticated negotiation skills and RFP management. Strong knowledge of related industry operating costs, procurement methods, and pricing practices
* Strong knowledge of governmental action in areas affecting the commodities industry, supply and demand fundamentals, and currency valuation dynamics
* Ability to assume leadership roles, as appropriate, within industry trade groups to influence and shape industry-led efforts
* Demonstrated ability to educate others regarding the commodity industries through informative meetings and presentations
* End-to-end understanding of the Supply Chain
* Strong multi-tasking abilities in a complex environment with an ability to innovate and create strategies that significantly improve supply chain efficiencies
* Experience developing sourcing strategies and cultivating supplier relationships
RequiredEducation and Experience
* MUST HAVE: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, EE, industrialengineering.
* Master's degreepreferred (Mechanical, EE or MBA)
* 10+ years of progression in leadership responsibilities in sourcing and commodity purchasing
* Demonstrated purchasing/negotiation expertise with 10+ years of broad experience in commodity analysis, product cycles and food/energy purchasing with emphasis on component /formula pricing, econometric modeling, and derivative/hedging strategies
* Experience managing a low volume high mix high tech portfolio in similar industries (Industrial, Medical, Electronics) and experience dealing with EE, mechanical, electro mechanicaltechnologies.